Why & How Running Improves Your Health
Running is the simplest and cheapest way of exercising. All you need is investing into a safe comfortable pair of running shoes and finding a place to do your regular running exercises. Running has been around since humans appeared on this planet, but this activity became extremely popular in the 1990s. The jogging craze was accompanied by the development of a whole sportswear industry, including revolutionary footwear. There are serious reasons for running’s popularity. Let’s see what benefits running brings to our health and why we should take up this type of exercising.
- It keeps your heart healthy. Running decreases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, which can end up in high blood pressure and heart attacks.
- Running helps you lose weight. Obesity is correlated with a large number of diseases, so the more fit you become, the healthier you will also be.
- It strengthens your bones and muscles. This means they will not weaken so much with age and you will be less likely to have osteoporosis.
- When you run every day, you will never have trouble sleeping.
- It reduces stress and anxiety. Physical exercise is the best method to keep away negative thoughts and to decrease psychological tension.
- Exercising improves the activity of your immune systems. Thus, you will be less prone to illnesses such as allergies, colds, digestive disorders etc.Running improves the texture of your skin. By stimulating blood circulation, nutrients are carried more easily to your system and wastes are excreted faster.
- Running reduces the risk of developing disorders such as diabetes and cancer.
- Running strengthens your lungs and you will never again lose your breath after climbing the stairs.
- Running and other physical activities help you live longer. For instance, some studies said that cancer survivors who exercise regularly extended their lives by more than 5 years.
- It prevents the mental decline associated with age. Fit patients experience less memory loss or judgment problems.
So why not take advantage of this very cheap method of improving your health and of making your life longer and happier? 30 minutes sessions several times a week will do wonders for your physical and mental health.